When the weather changed your plan
You should say:
- When this happened
- Where you were
- What kind of weather it was
- Explain why you couldn’t finish the thing
- What you did at the end
When this happened and where I was
- Well, I would like to tell you about a time when I had to change my plan due to poor weather.
- It happened last year, and I was at my home with my friends.
- We were waiting for the cab else everything was ready. After a while, the taxi also came. We started loading the luggage into the cab.
- We still had some time before starting our journey.
- So we decided to drink coffee before leaving. I was in the kitchen and preparing the coffee as my friends love the coffee made by me.
What kind of weather it was
- Suddenly, the weather changed, a minute ago, it was a sunny day, and the next minute a storm hit the city. It was quite scary weather. I have never witnessed such climate in my life. At that moment, I was sad because we had put a lot of efforts to finalize this tour of friends.
- Eventually, we postponed our trip to Lahore because of that destructive storm. Many trees had fallen that day. Roads flooded with water.
- I would say we were lucky that day since we were at home because the next day, I heard in the news that many vehicles crashed on the highway due to the strong impact of the storm.
- We postponed our trip for a month.
What we did at the end when the weather changed our plan
- All of my friends stayed at my home until the storm became calm. We enjoyed the moments in our way.
- It is an old saying that Everything Happens For A Reason In Life. As I told you in the beginning that we were all set to leave, but the craving of coffee stopped us, and that coffee saved our lives.
- Finally, we went to Lahore next month, and it became one of the best memorable trips of my life.
- We enjoyed the excellent hospitality of our neighbours.
Now it’s your time to think and describe “When the weather changed your plan”. It is always a good idea to develop your own answer. Think and Comment your answer in the comment section.
Audio submitted by one of our students:
We at IELTS DON, do not upload cue card videos of experts, however, we provide audio videos of Cue cards recorded by our students, so you will get an idea how the students of level 7,8 or 9 speak the cue cards. It would give you the ability to differentiate yourself so you can improve yourself accordingly. Our only motive is to make you feel comfortable and confident. The only mantra to get the desired scores in IELTS speaking is:
Speak, speak, and speak without grammatical mistakes as much as you can.