Describe an interesting animal you know about.
You should say:
- What animal it is
- How you know about this animal
- Where they are found
What fascinating/interesting animal it is?
- I would tell you about an exceptional animal whom I saw in Kerala, India, a few months ago. It’s quite hard to tell how I felt after seeing Babiya. Perhaps now you are wondering who is Babiya. Well, Babiya is a ‘vegetarian’ crocodile who lives in a pond of a temple and loves rice. She eats vegetarian meal twice in a day. She was giant and the way she ate her food was astonishing. The force of her jaw can crush bones easily, but, she looked so calm. I have never seen such a crocodile in my life even not on the Discovery channel.
How do I know about this interesting animal?
- I was on my trip to Kerala with my tourist guide Kapila Anna, and he told me about this temple. Without wasting any time, I was ready with my camera and backpack. While we were on the way to the temple, he told me a lot about Babiya, the divine crocodile. The most surprising fact is that she has been a resident of the temple lake for more than 70 years now. I would recommend you to visit this place and say hello to her. 🙂
Where such animals found?
- There are three crocodilians species found in India, Mugger crocodile, the Gharial and the Saltwater Crocodile. Mugger crocodile and the gharial are found throughout the Indian subcontinent. They are ambush hunters, mostly prey on fish, reptiles, birds and mammals. The experts identify Babiya, the divine crocodile as a Mugger or marsh crocodile, which usually relies on the fishes and other mammals. Some experts say maybe Babiya feeds on the fish of the lake late at night or early evening, apart from eating the one kilogram of rice that is offered to her. However, there is no such evidence which proves that she eats fishes. Overall experience was excellent to see the divine crocodile.
Now it’s your time to think about and “Describe an interesting animal you know about”. It is always a good idea to develop your own answer. Think and Comment your answer in the comment section.
Check out the place where this interesting Babiya lives:
Follow Up Questions
- What kind of animals do people have in their home?
Well, people like to keep pet animals like Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, and Parrot. They love to have human-friendly animals so their children can play with them.
- Tell me about an animal you saw which is very rare in your hometown.
I saw a black panther around 3-4 months ago. Luckily, I got the chance to see him at a veterinary science university. He was there with the officers of the forestry department for treatment.
- Why do people have pets in their homes?
Some people have pets because they love them. Dogs are the best friend of humans. Moreover, dogs and cats are great for the mental health of people. However, some people keep pets for security reasons too.
- Do you think people do not respect animals these days?
It entirely depends on the person. I have seen many such people who exploit animals. According to my experience, these are those people who even don’t respect human beings, so how we can expect respect for the animals from such inhuman beings.
- Earlier people used animals for their work. Now, what do people use to do their work?
Nowadays, people use technology. During the bygone days, people used to use animals such as cows and donkeys to do farming and moving heavy material from one place to another. However, now people use tractors and trucks for doing such jobs. Technology has given a tremendous relief to innocent creatures.
- Researchers do researches on the animals, is this a good idea?
I always oppose such practices. I mean, who has given the right to the researchers do their tests on the innocent animals. They also feel pain; It is a clear example of cruelty.
- So many animals are extinct these days. What do you think about this? Why is it happening?
The primary reason behind this is animal trafficking. Smugglers sell skins of leopard, tiger, crocodile along with a pair of elephant ivory tusk in the black market. It is a dirty business. Governments need to punish such people harshly to set good examples.
Related Cue Cards:
- Describe a time of seeing interesting animals
This post has 772 words.
This post has 5604 characters.
Estimated reading time 3 mintues.