Describe an article on health that you read from a magazine or online
You should say:
- where you read it from
- when you read it
- what the article was about
- And explain what you thought about this article.
Sample Answer 1:
I would love to talk about an article on health that I read on a website. The blog was in the Hindi language, and I found it during my Google search.
I read this article day before yesterday while having lunch. During my lunch, my mom gave me a full plate of salad. There were some pieces of Cucumber, Tomatoes, Carrot, and Beetroot on my salad plate. It was a tasty salad, and I enjoyed it a lot, especially the Beetroot. The sweet flavour of Beetroot made me research its benefits and nutritious values. So, I googled the benefits of Beetroot.
I found the article, and It was a very well written article on the benefits of Beetroot juice. There were almost 10 benefits, and one of them was how a person can control his high blood pressure by consuming approximately 250ml juice of Beetroot. The article also mentioned that fitness enthusiast can enjoy the smoothy due to its low level of calories. Moreover, it not only enhances the stamina of a person but also helps to reduce weight.
After reading the article, I felt it is perfect for people suffering from hypertension and for those who want to cut some extra calories from their diet. I decided to include Beetroot in my diet as I am overweight, and I need to lose some body fat. I am thankful to the blogger who wrote this excellent article on health.
Sample Answer 2:
Recently, I have read an article on health, and I found it on the website of a prominent news network. It was about the outbreak of the contagious epidemic named COVID-19; it is also known as the Coronavirus. I read it last weak when I was browsing my Facebook at my home on my laptop, and one of my friends shared news about this epidemic. Without wasting any time, I started looking for more information.
What was in this article?
- The author of the report explained it very nicely. According to the article, the symptoms of COVID-19 include Cough, Fever, Shortness of breath, and in rare cases, it can lead to severe respiratory problems, kidney failure or death.
- It also stated that the origin of this outbreak is in Wuhan, China. I was sad reading about it because there is not a specific treatment for the virus. More than a thousand people have lost their lives. There were some tips to take protective measures such as:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch.
The World Health Organization (WHO), is keeping a careful eye on this ailment and taking preventive measures to stop it from spreading. Hence, we don’t need to panic. Overall, It was an extremely informative article. I am thankful to the author, which provided so much information. I forgot to mention that this virus is fatal to sick and aged people than young ones. The median age of patients skews older, between 49 and 56 years old. I hope everything will be alright soon. I pray to God for the speedy recovery of all the affected people.
Now it’s your time to think and “Describe an article on health that you read from a magazine or online”. It is always a good idea to develop your own answer. Think and Comment your answer in the comment section.
Follow Up Questions:
- Why do different people like to read different magazines?
It depends on the choice of people. Some people love to read fashion magazines, especially related to celebrities, therefore they would be least interested in magazines, which write about technology or health.
- What kind of magazines do teenagers like to read?
Teenagers prefer to read articles based on the fashion industry, and sports. Thus, I would say they love to read such magazines. When I was a teen, I was crazy about sports magazines. I am speaking from my personal experience else it is a very difficult question me.
- What’s the difference between the news on TV and news in magazines?
Well, a very basic difference between the news on TV and magazines is that TV provides us with the news quickly, and they cover news stories which are in the interest of the general public, however, magazines target a niche of the market. For example, in fashion magazines, you can easily find conversations between reporters and celebrities.
- Do people like to read news from the Internet?
The majority of people these days like to read news online. Almost every media house has an online presence either via Facebook pages or their official websites. Moreover, the information is available free of cost to everyone.
- Do people still buy magazines in your country?
Yes, they do. I have seen Mrs Singh reading the magazines every day. She is our neighbour. I often notice it is not only her but many other aged people prefer reading via magazines rather than from the internet. Maybe they are not the tech-savvy.
- Do you think the people today are healthier than those in the past?
No, I don’t think so. I believe people are less healthier than before. The main reason is that they have engrossed too much in technology. Technology has made them lazy. Moreover, they read from their gadgets like Ipad and Smartphone, which have put bad impacts on their eyes. Furthermore, kids like to play over electronic devices instead of playing outdoor games.
Audio submitted by one of our students:
We at IELTS DON, do not upload cue card videos of experts, however, we provide audio videos of Cue cards recorded by our students, so you will get an idea how the students of level 7,8 or 9 speak the cue cards. It would give you the ability to differentiate yourself so you can improve yourself accordingly. Our only motive is to make you feel comfortable and confident. The only mantra to get the desired scores in IELTS speaking is:
Speak, speak, and speak without grammatical mistakes as much as you can.
Related Cue Cards (Describe an article on health that you read from a magazine or online)
- Talk about an article on healthy lifestyle
- Describe an article that you read from a magazine, newspaper or online
- Describe a person in the news that you want to meet
- cue card on health magazine