Describe a time when you were really close to a wild animal
- What it looked like
- Where you saw it
- What it likes to eat or do
- Why you like it
Well, I would like to share my experience when I was in awe because of the wild animal, and it was a lion. The way it looked into my eyes, I was entirely scared. Luckily, I was in a jeep. It was a strong lion with powerful forelegs, teeth, and jaws for pulling down and killing prey, and the coat was of yellow-gold color.
I saw it at a park in South Africa, and I went there with my family. We stay at a guest house in a town named Broederstroom. After taking a good sleep at the guest house, we went to Lion & Safari Park.
Lions are carnivores that mean they are such creatures that only eat meat, and so was it. Some of the types of prey they catch include birds, rabbits, turtles, mice, lizards, wild boars, wild dogs, buffaloes, crocodiles, and even baby elephants. Our tourist guide told me that some lions can attack tall giraffes also. I was wholly speechless to know the fact.
I like it because I saw it for the first time in reality. Earlier, I just saw lions on National Geographics and Discovery channel. The lion gave me a chance to capture it in a way that any wildlife photographer would love it.
Follow-Ups related to the topic: “Describe a time when you were really close to a wild animal”?
1. Besides the animal you just spoke about, what other wild animals are there in your country (or, around where you live)?
2. In general, how do people in your country feel about wild animals?
3. In general, what is the attitude of people in your country towards wild animals?
4. Do you like (all) wild animals? (Why?/Why not?)
5. In general, do you think people like wild animals?
6. Are there any wild animals that you dislike? Why?
7. What about lions and tigers, do you like them? After all, they sometimes eat people
8. In your country, are people’s attitudes towards wild animals today the same as people’s attitudes in the past?
Post your answers to the above follow-ups in the comment section.
Do you have any questions about this topic? Please feel free to ask your question in the comment section. I love to read the viewpoints of readers. Follow us on Telegram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This post has 431 words.
This post has 4082 characters.
Estimated reading time 2 mintues.