Prevention is better than cure. To what extent do you agree?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ramesh_surbhi
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Prevention is better than cure. Researching and treating diseases is too costly so it would be better to invest in preventative measures. To what extent do you agree.

Sandeep kaur
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I disagree with the statement to great extend because in the modern era new kind of diseases oare occuring .we can not predict these and take precautions in advance.for example world pandemic covid 19 .this diseases demand a lot of search
      More over there are many diseases which can be cure with vaccination . We can not escape from these with prevention.such measles, mumms,rubella.chiken pox.
      However,we should take precautions where is possible because we can protect us by many infectious diseases .sach as dengue malaria.we can protect us from these by taking some measures

Jessica S
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I strongly agree with the statement that prevention is better than cure. The world is going through a tough time because of the Corona Virus, especially in India and Brazil. If the people had followed the guidelines to wear masks in public places, the virus might not spread like the fire in the woods. As a result, lakhs of people have died because of the negligence of a few. For example, a month back, I went to a hospital with my grandmother on public transport, but some passengers were travelling without a face mask. When I asked them to wear a face mask, they said Covid-19 is a hoax and nothing more than that. People can save many lives by following simple rules.

Sunny Garcha
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I agree with the idea of taking necessary precautions rather than expecting a cure that requires a large amount of money for research and development. Undeveloped and developing nations can’t afford such extensive pressure on their pocket. For example, the US, Russia, and the UK have developed vaccinations to handle the devastating situation of Covid-19, but other economically weaker nations don’t have enough vaccination to protect their citizens. Therefore, the only feasible way for them is the prevention of the disease by wearing masks rather than waiting for the cure.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask a Question

• You must be logged in to create new topics.